Saturday, January 23, 2016

Improved Truck Physics v1.1

This Improved Truck Physics mod is suppose to make your in game truck act like the real truck on the road. There are a lot of tweaks and changes, that there are to many to mention.
Now I tested this mod with a Volvo FH, and what I found did NOT impress me at all. I will admit, that it would be nice to have a truck act like the real thing. But not like this.
I found that the cab was shaking way more then it should have. Instead of the cab moving up and down, I felt the cab go sis to side as well. The break’s may seem a lot less responsive but this was just down right dangerous. Even with a trailer on, and using the trailer breaks, I had a very hard time stopping, even at 30 mile an hour.
I have seen real truck stop a lot faster then mine would while I was in game, I have driven is real truck, and I was in no way bounced around like I was with this mod.

I am in no way impressed with this mod. I think this mod needs to be taken back and a major rethink is in order before I will try it again.

If you would like to try this mod, then be my guest. Use this with Caution.

This mod will add more realistic physics for trucks in game. It is not much more difficult to drive a truck:

  • Changed driver body movement physics.
  • Decreased responistivity of truck. Increased air and wheel rotation resistance. Higher chance to tip over during high speed maneuvers;
  • Decreased brake effectiviness. Brakes now have more realistic warm up/cool down rates and proper max. temp;
  • Tweaked cabin movement behavior to be more responsive to truck maneuvers. Adjusted cabin weight to realistic value, redefined pitch and roll angles, damping and springing forces;
  • Changed suspension travel value and damping factor. Suspension is softer now;
  • Decreased clutch viscosity;
  • Decreased tire material friction and increased tires deformation parameters. Tires now have less friction with road and more prone to slipping.

Credits: AlexeyP
Compatibility: ETS2 1.22.x and 1.21.x
Review: Lone Wolf

Screenshots:

How to install mod for ETS 2:

  1. Download this mod.
  2. Extract it!
  3. Paste the .scs file(s) into your My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod folder.
  4. Run game ~> Mod Manager ~> Enable mod.
  5. Enjoy!

Download this mod for ETS 2:

Source: Improved Truck Physics v1.1



Source: ETS2 Mods http://ets2downloads.com/misc/improved-truck-physics

0 comments:

Post a Comment